Friday, January 1, 2010

Atom - The Key to the Cosmos

This is part 2 of a 3 part documentary.  I haven't been able to find the first but all 3 of them stand alone and make sense by themselves, and I was lucky to find good quality clips this time.  I'll prepare another post for the third and final part tomorrow. 

This one explains how atoms come to exist, how many different kinds there are (elements) and how elements can change into other elements, etc.  It also introduces us to some of the big names in physics, and mankind's journey towards a general understanding of the atom.  Enjoy.













For me, this documentary tied some things together. I didn't really understand how elements were different before, or exactly how they were made. The next part expands on this and encompasses all of the advances in physics and its various theories over the past 100 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers